Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Embroidered logo

click on the picture for a closer look


I draw on the train. Not the most comfortable conditions. A moving vehicle, packed with work-a-day Portlanders that just want to get home. Sometimes it gets tough just to find a seat. The scenery moves... the people move. If you are shy about drawing in public (I AM!) then drawing on the light rail train during rush hour is a nightmare!

But on this trip, things were different. The guy sitting in front of me had on a ball cap with an embroidered logo. So, for 20 minutes, my subject hovered motionless, inches from my face! In baseball terminology... I was served a meatball on this one!

1 comment:

William F. Renzulli said...

Thanks for you comment on my blog. I have been looking at your sketches and really admire them. I have no choice but to add your blog to my list of blogs to check regularly...It is inspiring to see what other artists are doing in their sketch books.